Two Worlds

Two Worlds
Prairies/Island

2 April 2016

Hopes and dreams


Hey everyone!

My apologies for lack of writing - things have been going smoothly more or less in youth ministry.

There have been a few events (not of the youth program variety) that have happened in the last little while that I did not think a simple blogg could deal with:

Like grief within the church,
or weekly happenings within the youth group,
or my personal thoughts and feelings in my own life.

However, since it is April, that means some changes are occurring:

1. AMAZING WEATHER FOR ONE - today is my day off and I am for sure NOT staying inside once it gets to 20 degrees celsius outside.
2. Briercrest students finishing up their semester - and therefore some of the ones volunteering will be leaving us.
3. Finding at least one new youth leader volunteer, who is an older male, that will be joining us for Jr. youth.

Our youth group meets till near the end of June, so that means we only have two and a half months left with our team/family.

THIS ALSO MEANS THIS ISLANDER GIRL IS THAT MUCH CLOSER TO GETTING HERSELF BACK ON THE ISLAND.
I'm sure some of you may be thinking, "What about your job?" "Are you going on vacation?" "ARE YOU STAYING THERE FOREVER?!"

After the past few months, there has been a stirring within me that my current job is needing to come to a close. It has been awesome, and I will always and forever love the people there... but something is changing/ needs to change this year, and I do not fully know all the details, but I am trusting in God as He leads me through this time of changes.
I am going back to the Island by July as a sort of vacation. I have found myself longing more and more to be surrounded by nature, and see my family... It's been almost four years since I've spent any sort of time on the Island for more than just a week or two... So I am Island bound by July, and it makes sense to do it then since there is no Youth Group for two months.
"I just wanna go home..."
So, no, I will not be staying there forever - at least at this point I do not think so.

Anyway, next week youth group is back on for Jr. and Sr. (we had a week off since it's spring break for the youth) - and it'll be good to get back into the swing of things, with new mindsets, hopes and dreams in this spring season.

Continual prayer for the leaders now, and the ones yet to come.
Prayer for youth ministry as we enter this spring season.
Prayer for the Youth Pastor as he leads us and remains humble and submissive to the direction of God and the Holy Spirit's promptings.

~To God be the glory

No comments:

Post a Comment